Whether you are a university student or a professor, integrating technology into classroom learning is important today for many reasons. Before computers became a household name, university learning was a bit more time-consuming. Today however, technological advances have made it much easier to pursue higher education. Following is a list of 10 ways that students can incorporate technology into their education.
1. Keyboarding – Learning how to type is an essential skill in today’s world. The keyboard is the one tool that will enable students to fully incorporate technology into their learning. Universities are filled with students today who use laptops, iPads and other such technologies to take notes during lectures. Knowing how to type properly and quickly will enable a student to keep up with learning in today’s fast paced world.
2. Word Processing – Every university student will need to know how to properly use word processing systems such as Microsoft Word. Essays are a part of college life and knowing how to use a word processing system for these and other assignments is essential to university learning.
3. Spreadsheets – Spreadsheets such as Excel will help the student to organize and better keep up with data. Basic formula and graphing functions will help students to keep track of grades, assignments and learn important math skills.
4. PowerPoint – Many universities are integrating PowerPoint presentations as part of their class curriculum. These presentations can be used for assignments from students as well as teaching aids for professors.
5. E-Mail – E-mail is used everywhere today from home to work to school. Professors use emails to send assignments to students and students can get assistance from other classmates on particular assignments.
6. Electronic Calendars – Electronic calendars help students to properly manage their time and to keep up with various assignments. These are especially helpful to students who are handling large workloads during each semester.
7. Wireless – Wireless internet connections are virtually everywhere today and enable students to study from areas other than the classroom.
8. Social Networking – Social networking sites enable students and teachers to communicate. Students can find jobs or receive or offer assistance to other classmates using a number of social networking sites.
9. Search Engines – Search engines give students the ability to find the answer to virtually any problem.
10. Databases – Databases are used in virtually every company today for one reason or another. Students can learn how databases are used and how they benefit the learning process.
This article was written by Oxbridge Editing, the UK’s most trusted provider of high-quality essays, copy editing and proofreading services for native or non-native English speaking students.