Welcome to Morecambe
Back to the Future
Places to See
Welcome to Morecambe World. The one stop Internet site for you to enjoy everything this wonderful town has to offer. Whether you are a visitor or a resident there is everything you need know from a Holiday to a Health Centre from a Dentist to a Daimler. News groups, Quizzes, Art Gallery, Stories, Chat and much more.
If you have any suggestions and would like to contribute to Morecambe, e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch.
News: Any local news of interest from a babies birth to a UFO let us know.
News Groups: If you would like to start up a news group on whatever subject you like from football to stamp collecting,
Both These services are free so simply drop us an e-mail and we'll set the ball rolling.
The Lord Mayor of Lancaster is is Councillor Edna Jones.
Back to the Future
In the early 19th century Morecambe was just a small fishing village called Poulton-le-Sands. The fishing industry developed and with the appearance of guest houses and hotels there was no holding back. Morecambe has grown into one of the most beautiful and popular holiday resorts in the West.
Currently Morecambe has a population over 44,000 and is visited by 3,000,000 people on day visits plus about 300,000 staying visitors each year, bringing millions af pounds worth of valuable trade for the town. In recent years over £50 million have been invested back into the community as you can see from the recent refurbishment of the promenade including the outstanding sculpture of Eric Morecambe by Graham Ibbeson. In return the new attractions entice the tourists to return to Morecambe again and again. In fact many of our visitors spend so much time at the resort it is more like a second home to them.
There is always somewhere to stay, we have about 250 hotels and about 700 ensuite bathrooms, 450 guest houses / flats etc, Plus caravans by the score.
Many visitors to Morecambe also take advantage of near by Lancaster, the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales.
Places to see, things to do!
Below are just a few of the attractions to help make your stay in Morecambe one of the exciting and happy holidays of your life:
The promenade spans about four miles, you could stroll along, taking in the sea breeze and calming scenery along with talented street performers keeping you entertained..
The Festival Market is an Aladdin's cave of bargains and gifts. You may want to watch the arts festival and pick up a family heirloom or two.
- Morecambe is very flat which means a leisurely cycle ride will give you the gentle exercise you need.
- There are three very different and challenging Golf courses to test your Par!
- Green Bowling maybe the relaxing game for you to chance your arm.
- The one that got away is right here! For you fishermen the bait is all you need for a reflectful days fishing off the stone jetty.
- There's plenty of adventure playgrounds and activities for the Kids to ensure you get a good nights sleep.
- Water sports maybe what the doctor ordered and we've got the lot- Windsurfing, Water Skiing, Yatching but one things for sure you will get wet!
Indoor fun (just in case it rains)
- Ten Pin Bowling - Big Money BINGO
- Megazone laser quest 'shoot em up' adventure.
- The familiar site of a Wacky Warehouse, enjoy a drink or two, while the kids
burn up some energy. Plus 'The Station', a £1.6 million family pub operated by Tetleys.
- A Cinema complex for a couple of hours of escapism
- Ballroom, Line and Disco Dancing just put on your dancing shoes.
- Shows, Shows, Shows, there's always something for everyone.
- Restaurants, Bars, Food and Drink for all the family.
Back to Nature
Leighton Moss Nature reserve and Lakeland Wildlife Oasis offer a different outlook to nature from local birds, otters, bats and butterflies to some of the most rare and attractive wild animals from around the world,
Power to the people
Nearby Heysham power station offer a Free day out with a difference at the visitor centre including: guided tour, exhibitions, Interactive quizzes and much, much more.
Everything on the Morecambe site are here to help promote the town and businesses alike, to generate a new awareness and ensure a prosperous future.
If any of the information on any of these pages are incorrect or offends anyone please let us know immediately and we will correct or remove the offending item. If we have inadvertently infringed on anyone's copyright we are sorry and if you let us know we will remove it immediately.
News items: As the information supplied is from outside sources we have no control to the accuracy of said items and trust the people who supplies the information that it is factual and without malice. Once again should anything be offensive or incorrect, we cannot accept any responsibility but will remove or amend the material immediately.